Monday, April 27, 2009

The Ballet Cycle

My Mom did it. I did it. And now my daughter has done it. Danced. In a recital. I'm so proud!

We put on the makeup. She LOVES this part. Can't you tell?


Then we put on the itchy, scratchy, costume... with the pokey, pinchy crown. Beauty is pain, I tell her.

She lined up with her other teapots, and....

"...Here is my spout!"

It was so fun to see her dance! And there were 6 little girls all with different approaches to this dancing thing. There was the show off, the speed demon, the watcher, Miss Independent (can you guess who that was?) and the cryer. I was beaming with pride and excitement! I just can't wait already until next year.

She's not so sure about it. But I have a few months to convince her she loves it!

Can't accuse me of living through my daughter.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Believe it or not...once upon a time I took ballet and tap. It was fun, but I'm not the most graceful person in the world. That's for sure!

Aloha Ya'll! said...

Katie just started ballet again. when she has her first recital, I'm totally stealing your names for the other dancers.

Chera said...

She looks so beautiful!!