Tuesday, January 27, 2009

School Days in the Nutty Forest

School has started here at the Nutty Forest Academy. If I haven't mentioned it before, I homeschool. Some days it's the proudest thing I do for my children. Everyday, it's the road less traveled. There isn't much support for homeschoolers. People think you're weird. But that's ok with me. I've been the weird one all my life. Why stop now?

We school around our farming schedule. Now is the best time to do school because the trees are resting up for the year. Dormant. Hibernating. So while they conserve energy, here in the house, we expend it like no body's business!

Homeschooling really fits our family. We get to sleep in. Take things at a slower pace. Enjoy each other more. When the Nutty Papa comes home from work, we aren't in a hurry to do anything but spend time with him.

My oldest two boys are really good friends because of this choice. They play together really well. And now, they are helping each other with school work. It makes me feel good to see them foster this friendship. After all, shouldn't you be best friends with your siblings?

No comments: