Thursday, October 9, 2008

Sticks, Sticks and More Sticks!

This year, since we didn't harvest last year, we have LOTS of sticks. We are having to pick up last years sticks and this years sticks. That's a lot of sticks. I tried to leave the sticks alone... but they just slow you down on the harvester.

One of my bright ideas was to hire a stick crew this year to pick up the sticks. Cheap labor. If I could get all the sticks picked up with my crew, then Mr. David and the Nutty Papa would be able to focus on the machines. We got off to a good start. The crew was willing... but they didn't last. Eventually, Mr. David got the job by default. Good thing he's a hard worker.

Here's my crew. They're cute. But they lack endurance. Maybe they'll be better next year!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'll be glad when the harvest is over. I miss your posts when you are busy!