Friday, October 31, 2008

One of the Benefits of Homeschooling

We homeschool our kids. Have I mentioned that? It's a long story... I'll tell you about it later. But for now, you'll have to just be satisfied with the knowledge that we do.

One of the coolest things about homeschooling, for us, is that we can let the kids be involved in the harvest. They really love the harvest. The tree shaking. The tractor riding. The trips to The Great Pecan Man's Cleaning Plant. It's something different. And they all enjoy it.

This year, Chojuk found a new love of harvest. Driving. He was out with Mr. David and I while we were hand harvesting a few pecans and he asked Mr. David if he could drive the shaker.

Mr. David taught him the ropes and off he went. It was so fun to see! He was so excited, I think he spent more time waving at me than driving. Luckily the shaker doesn't go too fast, so that was alright.

But I can see Chojuk volunteering for the shaker job in the future. He'd make a great tree shaker. I am so proud!

Meanwhile.... there's the Doodlebug. What's a Mama to do?

No comments: