Thursday, August 28, 2008

Withdrawals

I'm sleeping better this week. Going to bed much earlier than I have the last 2 weeks. But I'm going through withdrawals.

I love the Olympics. I have fond memories of them. Watching the "Battle of the Brians" at the winter Olympics with my Mom on the sofa. Watching the American girls win the gold when I was in college with my roommate Chera. I love them. I enjoyed watching Michael Phelps go for gold. I cheered when he raced. I even had the butterflies.
And I held my breath watching the girls perform for the gold. It's exciting. I wish it happened more than just every 4 years. I'm glad they separated them. I'm looking forward to my next fix in the Winter 2010 games. And I have to say, I'm glad Canada is closer. Maybe I'll get more sleep.
Or maybe not.

1 comment:

Chera said...

I loved watching them too!! ;o)