Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Other Birds In My Life

I love hummingbirds. They are amazing. Their little bodies. Their speed. Their agility. Love 'em!

My dear friend Teza gave me this hummingbird feeder one year for my birthday. I think it's so pretty. I have it hanging outside my kitchen window and I love to watch the hummingbirds come and drink the sugar water I make for them. Talk about easy customers. A little warm water. A little sugar. They're happy. They don't need any ranch to dip it in either.


Lately, there has been a little battle going on for control of the water. They fly at each other and try and scare the others away so no one else will drink it. It's really humorous. I like to stand at the window and narrate...

"Hey, look at this water... Yum, it's delicious.... Hey, dude, get away! This is my water!... Ahhh, he's gone. Now I'll get more... but I'll look around and make sure he's not coming back...AGH! He's coming after me! Fly away! Fly away!"

I know. I have too much time on my hands.

No comments: