Friday, July 4, 2008

My Marathon Man

So every once in a while, the Nutty Papa gets these wild hairs... you know... things he's gotta do before it's too late. I remember once he came home and said, "Honey, I wanna do this bike thing where we bike to the beach. OK?" And a few months later, he rode his bike 360 miles to the beach. No training. Just jumped on the bike and off he went. He's amazing that way.

He's decided he needs to run a marathon before it's "too late." "Honey," he says, "I want to run a marathon... in November." OK. Great. Just let me know where I need to drop you off.


Now, can we go get a pizza for lunch?

Not this time, baby. He's training. He gets up and runs everyday. (And it's really hot!) He bought new shoes. He's reading.

This is serious. I guess, when I think about it, 26 miles is nothing to sneeze at. I couldn't do it. Even if I trained for a year, which I wouldn't, I still couldn't do it. That's one of the things I love about the Nutty Papa. Once he sets his mind to something, he gets it done. He's driven. Self-motivated. Amazing.


Our hero.

No comments: