Tuesday, May 13, 2008

We're Expecting!

Mr. and Mrs. Barn Swallow have finished their nest. I don't know if it took 1000 trips. But it took quite a few. And they did it. I didn't think there was enough ledge there to support them. But there is. And while Mrs. Barn Swallow built the nest, mouthful of mud by mouthful of mud, there was Mr. Barn Swallow, barking orders. Peep, Peep, Peep, Peep... Don't you think she knows what she's doing, dude. Back off!

And when the nest was finished, they settled in and gave it a test run. Mrs. Barn Swallow sat and fidgeted, pushed and wiggled, until it was just right. While Mr. Barn Swallow sat and watched...

and sunbathed.

While she was nesting, he sat on the ledge and panted and stared. He wasn't moving when we took this picture. He was completely still... staring into the kitchen. Maybe he was trying to learn how to wash dishes so he could be a better husband. 'Atta boy, Mr. Barn Swallow!

Finally, Mr. and Mrs. Barn Swallow flew off for their afternoon adventures, just like they always do. And just out of curiosity, I peeked into the nest.

Whoa, ho, ho! What is this? One teeny, tiny little speckled egg. Oh, boy... or girl. We're having a baby!!

1 comment:

Aloha Ya'll! said...

The kids LOVED the picture of him sitting there with his mouth open. What a hoot!

I had to get help with my Nano from some of the other moms on Sonlight. I think I mostly have it figured out now. I just downloaded a bunch of "Learn Spanish" podcasts!